The 4010 Series switches are built to withstand extreme environments while adhering to overall IT network design, compliance, and performance requirements. They deliver highly secure access and industry-leading convergence using Cisco Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP), and support industrial protocols.
The 4010 series is ideal for industrial Ethernet vertical industries applications where hardened products are required. That includes Factory automation, Power utility substations, Intelligent transportation systems (ITS), Oil and gas field sites and City surveillance programs.
With improved overall performance, a more comprehensive feature set, and enhanced hardware, 4010 Series switches offer:
- Superior bandwidth and capacity – 56-Gbps non-blocking switching capacity with 28-Gigabit-Ethernet (GE) ports
- High-density, industrial Power over Ethernet (PoE) or PoE Plus (PoE+) support for in-line power to up to 24 devices
- Robust resiliency enabled by a dual-ring design with 4x Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports, Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP), Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP), EtherChannel, and Flex Links support
- A range of features that increase secure access to the network and enforce security policies, including flexible authentication with robust identity-based network services; highly secure connectivity and access control as well as Cisco TrustSec and link-layer MACsec encryption to protect data traffic across the network
- Cisco IOS Software features for smooth IT integration and policy consistency
- Easy deployment, with zero-touch discovery using DHCP and an express setup with a swappable SD flash card
- A simple software upgrade path with a universal software image