The Rockwell Automation/Allen-Bradley Ethernet to Foundation Fieldbus Linking Device adds Foundation Fieldbus H1 interface to Ethernet-based control system.
The FOUNDATION Fieldbus Linking Device serves as a link between Fieldbus Foundation’s High-speed Ethernet (HSE) and H1 segments. Each H1 port can support 16 fieldbus devices (with 8 to 10 recommended). The linking device also bridges the EtherNet/IP and H1 segments to provide connectivity for FOUNDATION Fieldbus devices to Logix controllers, such as ControlLogix and CompactLogix. Each H1 network can support a maximum of 64 publisher and 64 subscriber Virtual Communication Relationships (VCR) connections. VCRs assist in the communication between the Fieldbus, the Linking Device and the H1 ports.
- Ethernet. Ethernet IP device
- Two or four H1 segments fieldbus interfaces per Linking Device
- Enhanced with Field Device Technology (FDT). FDT standardizes the communication interface between field devices and systems. The linking device applies FDT technology through the Device Type Manager (DTM) to seamlessly connect Fieldbus devices to the PlantPAx Process Automation System.
- Link active scheduler, set up storage, auto recovery from power outage or brown-out, segment management including address/tag assignment, time publishing, and tag query
- Conforms to Foundation Fieldbus standards and facilitates distributed process control
- Configuration of Foundation Fieldbus devices from a PC anyplace on Ethernet.
- Requires RSFieldbus, Foundation Fieldbus Configuration Tool which can configure all the attached Fieldbus Devices
- Web Page support
An ODVA Declaration of Conformity has been issued for the product(s) described on this page.
This Declaration confirms that the product(s) passed
conformance and related testing at an ODVA vendor-independent
Test Service Provider.