The Cisco Industrial Ethernet 5000 Series Switches are a very flexible, highly reliable and scalable Industrial Ethernet platform built to withstand extreme industrial environments. It delivers highly secure aggregation and industry-leading convergence and resiliency and improves uptime, performance, and safety of industrial systems and equipment These switches are ideal for industrial Ethernet applications where hardened highly scalable products are required. Examples include: Factory automation, Power utility substations, Intelligent transportation systems (ITS), Oil and gas field sites, Connected cities and Mining.
With improved performance, a more comprehensive feature set, and enhanced hardware, the 5000 Series offers superior bandwidth and capacity:
- 24 Gbps Ethernet downlink (12 x 100/1000 Mbps SFP based and 12 x 10/100/1000 Mbps RJ-45 based) ports
- Four 10-Gbps (IE-5000- 12S12P-10G model) or four 1 Gigabit Ethernet (IE-5000-16S12P model) uplink ports
- High-density industrial PoE or PoE+ support for in-line power for up to 12 power devices
- Robust resiliency and enhanced security. Cisco IOS Software features for smooth IT integration and policy consistency
- Simplified, pay-as-you-go software upgrades with universal software images
For more info: www.cisco.com/go/ie5000.