FLEX I/O (1794) is a compact, modular I/O system that consists of I/O modules, terminal bases and adapter. The FLEX I/O DeviceNet adapter (1794-ADN) communicates with any controllers on DeviceNet, allowing connectivity from field-based, hard-wired I/O devices to the network. Up to 8 FLEX I/O modules may be connected to a single DeviceNet adapter in any mix of I/O type.
With the FLEX I/O DeviceNet system, getting accurate data with motion and intelligent modules communicating over the network is possible. A complete range of I/O modules is available, including discrete, analog, temperature and specialty. In addition, FLEX Ex I/O modules (1797) may be added through use of the Bus Isolator Pair (1797-BIC and 1797-CEC) to provide Intrinsically Safe I/O capability.
- Up to 8 FLEX I/O modules on a single DeviceNet adapter
- Up to 256 discrete or 96 analog channels per adapter
- Individual components allow you to mix and match I/O types
- Remove and insert I/O modules under backplane power
- Terminations support global standards, 3 wire devices, fusing, and other options
- Diagnostic status indicators